In this activity, some of the paragraphs from the text will be shuffled and have to be put back in order.
Creating an order paragraphs activity
- Activate the File - New... - Text activity menu.
- Change the kind to Order paragraphs.
- Go to Activity options and copy the style from RAMDWA2.TXT. Remember that the Image box for the main window has to be activated.
- Start by inserting a box of 400 x 50, without a frame or centred text and with the following text:
- Insert a return after the box and write:
We live in a global world. Sugar can come from Brazil, coffee from Uganda, bananas from Ecuador and clothes from Taiwan or Morocco.¶
The communities in these countries that make the products we consume have very tough working conditions: long working hours, low wages, discrimination against women, exploitation of child labour, drainage of natural resources, prohibition of unions...¶
Changing this situation, helping to make decent working conditions in the South is our job as well. We are all implicated and our actions in the North will have repercussions for the communities in the South.¶
We have to spread and support fair commerce and buy responsibly, in favour of the people in the third world.
- Save the activity as FAIRCOM1.TXA.
- Go back to the edit window, place the cursor within the first paragraph of the text and click on the target creation button. The paragraph is selected and shown in inverse video.
- Do the same with the other three paragraphs.
- Write the following Welcome message:
Put the paragraphs in order
- Add a congratulatory Good bye message.
- Click on the correction options button and mark the Display before starting box. Leave maximum time at zero (the student can take as much time as he wants) and in Welcome message write:
Read this text and click on the screen to start the exercise
- Change the correction button text to:
Click here when you finish
- Confirm everything and check the activity.
- Save the activity again with the same name: FAIRCOM1.TXA.